You are a professional who hires other skilled professionals to free up your time allowing you to do what you do best.
Do you need any of the following?
- An Affidavit outlining all the heirs to an estate.
- Due diligence report
- Declaration of heirship and due diligence
- Kinship determination report
- Listing of all heirs with their current contact information
- Descendancy chart
- Find living family members to help make decisions for an elderly person who has become incapacitated for any reason.
- Clear title to a piece of land including land involving the reverter clause.
- Perhaps you have a list of heirs that you want located but they haven’t been heard from in many years.
For those who want to know more, Wikipedia defines all of these terms listed above.
What I need from you to get started:
I have a contract that I work from. In that contract, you tell me everything you think I might need to know about the research that needs to be done. Please contact me and I will forward this contract to you.
Within the contract you need to outline for me if you are in a time crunch for this information; your budget; and give me scanned copies of all documents you have that might give me clues to the person or family group we’re seeking to know more about. I am happy to discuss this further with you via telephone; email; Google hangout or Skype. I also need to know what you want as a final work product for this research.
Most cases require a 10-hour retainer. If you're missing just one heir I require only a 5-hour retainer. Let's talk first so that we both have a clear understanding of what is needed. (I charge by the hour. If I don’t use the full retainer I give prompt refunds.)
Link to Oregon state probate law.
It is possible that unknown family members will emerge with this research. That contingency needs to be built into the timeline. Many families today are very fractured. It is not uncommon for siblings to have ceased speaking to each other years ago.